Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another Quaint Room


Upon arrival at the hotel, I was glad that the staff ushered us through a really quick check-in process. It helped to keep us calm after a long day of travelling. Well, not that tiring, but it was time spent on the plane and airline lounges twiddling thumbs. The upside of travelling economy this time- the planes weren't carrying a full load of passengers. I had plenty of empty seats next to me on both legs of the flights to Vientiane.

Obviously airplane food was horrendous and at this hour, I could only order food from the room service menu, which was better than nothing. Once I sorted that out, I got down to the business of checking out the surroundings, the staircases, etc and then back to the room to unpack and making sure the wifi was working fine as they had no option of cable access, which usually works better in terms of stability. The wifi signal drops every now and then. Annoying.

After the initial approval at the state of the room, again, I had a little bit of a shock when I saw the bathroom. From the angle, there seemed to be only a dreaded bathtub. But when I poked my head around the door to the left, I was very relieved to see a shower cubicle. Whew.

I brought only a cabin trolley on this trip. Gifts for my counterparts were all merrily stuffed within. Hey, we're all travelling, I'd assume that all of us would have brought nifty handy gifts instead of cumbersome and heavy items. Heavy isn't so bad. I just don't want to deal with a large and unwieldy painting or something.

2 comments:

tuti said...

safe travels. you're on a work trip again! nice loo. hee.

imp said...

tuti: :)