Friday, September 17, 2010

Riding The Wave


The work trip has been filled with an interesting schedule, but not overly intensive. I could have been more on and drafted the notes of meetings in the nights, but I was too lazy to do so. It could wait till I got home. That wouldn't be the difficult part. I dreaded ploughing through the unread emails. I resolutely avoided checking the inbox these couple of days. It would be positively horrifying to comb through the sea of red.

When the big boss arrived safely in Singapore, he sent a texted that ended with "Sure you won't miss this Office? ;-)" The heart twitched a little. Of course I will. This trip has been pivotal in illustrating what exactly I will be missing out, and also, in a strange sort of way, affirmed that my decision is correct, for me.

With the end of this trip, a full cycle with the department has been completed. I must move on. As I bid goodbye to Hanoi, many of the responsibilities in my work scope are also quietly shed.

No comments: