Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Two Whys and A Yellow Box



The cheerful yellow of this box bellies the pain in getting it in front of me to be photographed. This is the box that gave me a minor headache in its journey to its ultimate destination within the central business district of Jakarta.

The box reached Jakarta and was processed on Sunday. It was supposed to have been delivered to the intended venue on Monday. But it was held up for no good reason (to me) at the logistics centre and didn’t get here till today. DHL Jakarta was being really bureaucratic about it. They should have given us information beforehand, but I guess nobody saw it necessary to tell us so. GRRrrrrrRRR. I hate new arbitrary regulations that just merrily pop up without prior notification when they weren’t in place 6 months ago.

If this box hasn't gotten delivered by noon today, I would have had to do a merry dance to roll out Plan B and C, which wouldn't be ideal. Even when it reached this address, it took me, a non-staff to retrieve. I couldn't believe that the DHL delivery guy just stood there. It was unbelievable that the staff simply noted the presence of the DHL delivery guy and didn't do anything about it till spidey senses alerted me to go check it out. TAMADE. In that one instant I laid eyes on the entire situation, I totally understood why the box didn't get delivered on Monday.

If I hadn't gone there to check out the situation, trust me, the box would have been returned to the logistics centre and I would have to pay double to get it out. *facepalm Why do I have to bother about logistics and sort this out? Seriously. I want to scream very loud about efficiency in this country. But you know what, screw that. It's not as if I haven't expected this. I did. As long as my box is here. I'll just work around the obstacles and deal with what I can.

2 comments:

sinlady said...

misery loves company. i will say something about the screwy french way of doing everything after i get through the obligatory blogging about the nice stuff heh.

imp said...

sinlady: i've TALES of inefficiency at CDG airport. And that's for starters. GRRRRR.