Monday, November 22, 2010

In-Flight Food


I wasn't interested in SQ's fancy food menu. I only wanted a fishball kway teow soup. But they didn't stock on this LHR-SIN flight. HOW CAN?!!! :( I ate that on the way up and that bowl was too salty. I was hoping for one more on the way home and the crew will make it nicer. Well, at least they had fish porridge. That will do. Rupert was all excited about it. It's his first time on a plane where he isn't cargo. Spoilt Sydney looked a tad disappointed. Sure, the porridge was clump-y at the bottom, but hey, it didn't come out of a pot. The fish was surprisingly soft and fresh, not too frozen-eeky as I thought.

The man had pre-ordered some roast duck rice thingy. WAHAHAHAH. That was terrible. It looked unappetizing. He should have known! I didn't understand why he would order a plate of Chinese food for the flight home when clearly, western food would have been the wiser choice. DOH. This isn't like the rather good nasi bryani he had on the way up. He should have just picked Indian vegetarian. That would have been much better.

I had a terribly sweet tiramisu ice-cream drizzled with caramel and then Belgian waffles for breakfast. Not that I liked them very much. I took just 3 bites or so. I needed the sugar to get over any possible jet lag. I try to pick the best timings to escape from jetlag, and usually it works. Anyway, it's nothing that a 3-hour nap can't solve. I stick to lots of water, juice, fruits and cheese for meals on the plane.

9 comments:

zewt said...

seriously... how often do you travel? :P

imp said...

zewt: Only during this period, it's every week ! otherwise, i do have to be in the office! Well, till I leave anyway. Then I'll have to decide if I still want to travel every week on personal trips!

shuhuiii said...

For a moment I wondered who's Rupert and Sydney. Then i realised.. haha!

Wigglybits said...

ha i missed u by a day!

Suntaneye said...

me like the bears! :) How tall are they?

imp said...

shuhuiii: heh.

wigglybits: OOH!

suntaneye: not very tall. about 8 inches standing. When they sit, it's about 5 inches.

Jo said...

I love the pansies! (points to header) :)

Corsage@A Dollop Of Me said...

They are so cute lah!

imp said...

jomel: they're such a happy sight. although i can only admire- i don't have green fingers!

corsage: heeee.