Friday, November 05, 2010

Latium


London has many beautiful restaurants which are worth more than a try. It's very strange how I've been avoiding all the restaurants done by celebrity chefs and still I ended up at Gordon Ramsay's Maze and at Claridge's for 2 consecutive meals which were frankly not impressive.

I'm not a foodie per se. Definitely not a food blogger. I can't be bothered to describe exactly how and why a dish is better than others or which restaurants top the rest. I am picky about food, but I refuse to be drawn into any debate or discussions about 'so-so, better and best', because I've very strong personal opinions. I can't cook remember? So since I can't cook, I rather not talk about flavors lest you ask 'how would you know which goes well with what'. I just eat. I eat what I want, at where I want. Don't like it, don't eat with me.

Preferring something different but familiar, it was a unanimous decision to go Italian at Latium for dinner. They're well known for ravioli. There's an extensive menu which serves up ravioli in all forms for appetizers and as mains. Totally overloaded on carbs, but what the heck, I walk so much in London. At least 5km a day. As you can see, I'm trying very hard to do without the car, so the carbs are more than affordable.

Luckily I had all the truffles that I wanted in Singapore. There was no need to do truffles here, not well it's already the end of the season. I had a beautiful main of tagliolini with crab meat and aubergine sauce. It was so delicately done. That aubergine sauce was da bomb. Honestly, I couldn't quite taste the crab meat. I didn't care about it though- it's not my favorite thing. I was glad it didn't stink like how some bits might do. It meshed in with the pasta and sauce very well.

I'm definitely returning to Latium for another meal. I like Italian food and this restaurant's menu is so memorable. There's the grilled Cornish squid that I want a taste of.

2 comments:

lilsnooze said...

Mmmmm...ravioli!

imp said...

lilsnooze: it's so good!