Thursday, November 04, 2010

My Kind Of Breakfast At Flat White


There're so many exciting independent cafes in London. We intend to make our usual rounds. For starters, we trudged to Flat White at Berwick Street for a good old-fashioned breakfast. My stomach was strangely growling at 7am, so I had to do something about it quickly.

Eggs on toast, a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a flat white make the best breakfast for me. It takes a certain sort of mood to sit down and linger over the morning meal and a newspaper. Strolling in after the morning rush hour ensured that we can monopolize a table for 1.5hrs without guilt.

For some reason, the man really likes the varieties of hams available here. At Flat White, he likes them with eggs and avocado. The bircher muesli is our standard accompaniment. There's something about the bread and eggs in London. They just taste so good. These sort of breakfasts fill us up so much that we have to walk for hours, just to make sure they're digested.

By the time lunch came around, we would usually be still full and couldn't stand the idea of a full meal and settled for a wrap and a salad. Worked very well. We had to save some space for dinner! We're nicely booked for dinner every other day and I intend to make sure nothing spoils the experience.

7 comments:

kikare said...

Whenever I have a long day ahead I always try to include egg in my breakfast. The protein keeps me full for much longer!

Anonymous said...

u are in london again? lucky you! bad weather november though. but i'm sure u'll hv a gastronomic adventure still! envious!
D

Anonymous said...

sorry i read this post before the previous one.
D

imp said...

kikare: i LOVE eggs. but no habit of lingering or eating breakfast back home in sgp. sleep is more important!

d: oh, last week's weather was terrible! freezing! but strangely, a warm current is holding up this week. will plunge this weekend tho. ah well, London weather! :)

Pretzliv said...

It's the orangey egg yolks that does ut for me be it in
Europe or Oz... I love how eggs taste so fresh and yummy there compare to Singapore... I love the man's breezy of ham, eggs and avo! Fav combo :D

Jo said...

oh i want eggs benedict! Where can I find it here, in the land of nasi lemaks??? :P

imp said...

pretzliv: very yummy indeed!

jomel: hmmm...i dunno leh. but i'm sure KL would have plenty of little cafes doing that somewhere!