Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Scarf


I brought a ray of Luang Prabang's sunshine with me to grey, misty and dreary London. The chirpy orange scarf is bought from the small town and carries good memories. It exudes the richness of raw silk and somehow, it does keep me almost as warm as cashmere in the not-too-excruciating cold.

Since my day wardrobe consists of mainly white tops and dark jeans on this trip, the color goes with most clothes. I like it quite a bit till I keep wearing it over the rest of the neutral colored scarves. Then I remember to have it laundered before it turns stinky.

In milder climates, it's the de rigueur accessory in the colder months and the fashionable thing to do in summer. The whole street wears one in all styles and fluff volume. I don't feel too weird in one. The irony, I wouldn't have a clue how to wear a scarf in Singapore. It's not really my style, which probably explains why I don't own many scarves and am perplexed if someone hands it to me as a gift. I wouldn't know what to do with it or when to wear it. It makes me feel, older and dowdy, instead of feeling elegant.

2 comments:

kachunknorge said...

Gimme them if you have scarves left over that you dunno what to do with.
I adore scarves :)

imp said...

kachunknorge: Now I know! OKIES!