Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lung King Heen (龍景軒)


When we tried to make reservations for Lung King Heen (龍景軒) for a dim sum lunch on either a Saturday or a Sunday, we were told that it had been completely booked till Chinese New Year. I was not pleased. There must be something I could politely do to rectify that. Anyway, I got my reservations for a dim sum lunch with the girlfriend and her dad, and a dinner with the man. Heh. :) I was most pleased.

As usual, I'm quite conservative when it comes to food here. We wanted to try out the various types of abalone and of course order my favorite lobster vermicelli. That was done, along with its fabulous soups, fish maw and vegetarian shark's fin.

The restaurant offers a good range of Chinese teas which always pique my interest. I'm not too into tea at dinner, but at lunches, depending on the mood and palate, I'll pick either a light or a stronger brew. Imho, they do make the best cheong fun (肠粉). It's delicate and dainty. That soy is absolutely superior and light. And yes, I like the porridge here most of all.

When it comes to Cantonese restaurants in Singapore, London and Hong Kong, I do have preferences in each country. But if you ask me which is the one I truly like, Lung King Heen is easily the favorite-st of them all.

2 comments:

sinlady said...

ok. i believe you :)

imp said...

sinlady: :) believe me no use. must try! you might have another favorite in all of HK!