Tuesday, February 22, 2011

At Domaine Chandon


We went down the list and trudged through many wineries. The man isn't a big fan of wine either, so I wonder what's the fascination. It's probably because he just wants the knowledge and information about the area. So dutifully, I tag along. I love the vibe and all. But when it comes to tastings, we share a one-person A$5 portion simply because I don't appreciate vino enough.

The ears perked up when we turned into Domaine Chandon. The vista across its vineyards is stunning. I'm here for the sparkling! Yay! I demanded my own tasting portions, but chose to skip the wines, stealing sips from the man. The tapas at its GreenPoint Brasserie went really well with the sparkling. Hehh.

Honestly, I'm not fond of its wine at all. But what do I know about it? However, I do know that the versions of sparkling are quite classic, and quite typical of their parent French heritage. The Vintage Brut 2008 is crisp and clean. However, my vote goes to the Vintage Blanc de Blancs 2006. We had a crate delivered to our hosts by way of thanks. Nothing for us. This isn't my favorite champagne house. I'm not bothered to sneak bottles of anything home. It's the same concept as the pirated dvds. I've never bought them home from overseas and will not start. If I want it, I'll find another way to ship bottles of wine home, payable taxes included.

The few items I bought are in small quantity and needn't be shipped. :) You can easily guess what they are. We oohed and ahhed over them a fair bit. People come here to buy wines. But for us, this is turning out to be yet another major grocery trip.

No comments: