Monday, February 21, 2011

At Yarra Valley


I was a little restless. I didn't come to Melbourne to stay in the city. A quick conversation and a couple of online clicks later, we decided that the rest of the trip will be spent out at Yarra Valley.

It rained all morning, but cleared up, and the sun is shining through. I'm not here for the wine. In fact, I don't even like wine very much. It gives me a headache. I'm here for the views and the generally relaxing pace of lifestyle with no big rush for timing and whatnots.

Our suite overlooks this panorama of green. Miles and miles of beautiful lush land stretch from end of end and undulating fields appear in a surreal fashion. Watching the cows graze is almost fascinating. When the weather permits tomorrow or day after, I'm going riding. As I blog and sip from the whisky glass, there's a genuinely happy smile on the face. You know, like how happiness is felt from the bottom of one's toes.

I've befriended with the adorable resident cat at the estate. He's very very sweet and is always up for cuddles and play. When I stepped out of the car and saw him, I dropped all bags and strolled nearer. Then he rolled over and indicated 'play'! Staying in to read and chill is such a luxury. Neil Young and Neko Case are on the stereo. And oh blasphemy in wine county, I bring an easy Dalwhinnie 15y.o to accompany me through the days. :)

6 comments:

sinlady said...

blaspheme away if it makes you happy :)

imp said...

sinlady: hehh.

celcilia_tjioe said...

Is the cat a street cat? It looks like a pet cat, not filthy at all.

Dawn said...

He's a cutie!

You guys really need to come and visit sometime.

ame said...

"You know, like how happiness is felt from the bottom of one's toes."

yay :)

imp said...

celcilia: nope. it's the resident cat at the estate.

dawn: he is! totally!

ame: :D