Thursday, September 08, 2011

Lunch By The Waterfront


It's wonderful to sort out a date and meet the friends for a long lunch on a weekday. On a relatively hazy and not too hot day, Privé Bakery Café is a good venue to meet friends toting little bubs as there's a somewhat decent outdoor play area.

While we've managed to separately catch up one-to-one, it's been a long while since we sat down together over lunch. With or without tots, our schedules are seriously crazy! Always fun to makan with them and yak about nothing in particular and everything else in between.

Little Bubbles ran in and out of the brightly colored playhouse. Then she wrinkled her nose. "It smells." The table of adults was like, huh. "It smells of smoke." She explained. Oh. The haze and its fine particles are present the whole week and probably through the weekend to irritate the humans. The other good-natured little baby gurgled rather happily in her high chair. Her mother informed us that this one is a screamer. Hmmmm. She didn't yell at all. In fact, she bestowed cute smiles all around.

Don't ask me about the food here, I'm not the biggest fan at either the bakery cafe or the restaurant. In my books, it's exactly like PS Cafe. I can never remember if it's nice. Today, I had Prive's version of eggs benedict. They were decidedly egg-y and I could find no fault with it. I should have ordered a juice, or share a bottle of that sparkling Domaine Chandon Brut Classic with the girls. My pint of beer gave me an odd feeling of light-headedness which left me more or less weirded out for the rest of the night.

No comments: