Thursday, December 08, 2011

Blackstar Coffee


It's such a relief to know that Blackstar Coffee serves food, and it's open on Sundays! Not mind-blowing good food, but decent bites using fresh ingredients. Open for breakfast and lunch, I've been making this another alternative brekkies joint as well. I couldn't really stomach much in the mornings beyond eggs, so coffee is really the main thing. At lunch, I could wolf down sandwiches. My eggplant parmigiana looked like crap for the both times I ordered it, but it tasted great.

I love their piccolo latte (otherwise known as 'caffè macchiato' outside of Oz). Their flat whites are robust, but I'm inclined towards their piccolo latte. It also depends on the barista for the hour. I've swung by a couple of times with 2 different baristas and the taste of the coffee varies even with the same beans. It gets really busy at lunch, and weekends.

No comments: