Sunday, August 05, 2012

National Night Eh?


We hooted with laughter when the good people from Mentos strolled into the new Hood Bar and Cafe in a spacious new locale. They gave away Mentos and little flyers exhorting us to do our 'national duty'. Our table scored t-shirts! The friends swore they'd wear it out next Thursday, regardless of where and in which country they would be.

However, I ROTFL when Jack and Rai covered 'National Night'. At that juncture, I took an ultra long toilet break. Really didn't need to hear the song again. To the joker-friends who went around telling people to do their 'national duty', and made the mistake of spouting the same to me before shutting up halfway, or totally forgetting too, they got a not-too-light punch in the stomach. Trust me, they got my point.

Watched that video early in the morning. By the end of the night, ten pints of Guinness Draught didn't change my opinion of the video. However, as much as I dislike the main theme, there's a certain awesome-ness about it. Not exactly with a local flavor in spite of the rather uniquely Singaporean references. Perhaps it's the accent. Whatever. Not bothered. Now, those lyrics. Absolutely tongue-in-cheek, that is all. :)

No comments: