Saturday, August 04, 2012

Where Are My Abs?!


So the oral surgeon certified an infection-free status for the gums. A week after the removal of both wisdom teeth, the surgical flaps had closed neatly. The stitches were removed. The area would still be soft, but there shouldn't be a problem unless I intentionally chew nuts right there. Didn't really care about all these, the only line I wanted to hear was, "Okay, you can go ahead with balancing on your head now." That was more or less what I did this morning.

At first light, the man ran off to the music studio. Yay! I could do my stuff before lunch. The sky looked dark, but it wouldn't rain just yet. The pool was empty. It was a no brainer. I went jumping with extra ferocity (skipped the tough flips), then finished off with an easy 15 laps in the pool. Went back to rinse the gums with antiseptic mouthwash. Felt sooo much better. Couldn't help it. Very inspired by the amazing gymnasts competing for Olympic gold on tv. (Oh, and being a tad startled by the prevalence of very long armpit hair.)

8 full days with no exercise (not even crunches) except light stretches and splits, I was feeling antsy. Would like to be able to indulge in a full blown nasi padang meal too. Can't wait for Hari Raya Puasa! Sure, I watched the intake of carbs, cut out chilli and pepper and niggly food items. But I need a workout to feel right. Being sedentary for such a large amount of time doesn't quite suit me. Have gotten used to working out daily. Ended up doing a lot of brisk walking for the past week just to feel a bit more attuned with my body.

A glance in the mirror before jumping this morning left me shuddering at the lack of defined abs. Already! Nothing much left! ARRRRRGH. Not exactly flabby, but why do abs go away so fast?! While I'm most certainly not going to be balancing on my head (can never do that without toppling over in 3 seconds), flips and lifts are in order over the next few days. Crunches are really tiring. I'll just do a bit of work on heaving myself over railings in place of like...50 crunches a night.

4 comments:

jazzgal said...

girl, oil your naked flesh before taking photos! shadows/shiny flesh=pseudo definition. ha.

imp said...

jazzgal: i not pro athelete lah! Turn on your tv to see abs. Atheletics! Replay volleyball matches. I want THOSE. Those are real abs.

meteor said...

Not trendy enough. Where's your K tape?

imp said...

meteor: don't have lah. I don't need it!