Friday, August 03, 2012

She's Finally Relaxing


The girlfriend has been keeping really late nights at the office. The stress level is evident in the pounds she shed, not due to irregular meals or a lack of. This one drops pounds when she's in the middle of taxing projects. On a day when she predicted that she could leave office early, she skyped me updates through the day. Made a random date for dinner. It was hilarious. At 5.30pm, she said, "Screw this, I'm running away before more things explode in my face." Ironically, I was tied up finishing a piece of work! One last paragraph to vet before sending it off. So she grabbed a beer while waiting for me.

Tickled that she wore her Aijek horse-print tank. I almost wore mine too. She and I, we've worn the same dress/top rather often, and we never minded that. It's quite fun! Took a long walk down from her office to La Maison Fatien. Service was good, and ridiculously attentive this evening. Weird. Anyway, she wanted meat, meat, meat. She got that. I got my grilled threadfin fillet. I like threadfin, and it seems to be quite a rarity in the restaurants even though it's just plain old simple kurau. Whenever I chance upon a kitchen that does threadfin well, I'll return just to have that. Food was very well done tonight. We ordered the full works- appetizer, wine, mains, 'dessert' and coffee. Lovely!

Both of us aren't fans of sweets. Nothing on the dessert menu appealed. There didn't seem to be a cheese platter either. So we asked the servers if they could somehow rustle up one tiny platter. They said yes. Awesome. Cheese and fruit, always welcomed. I wasn't so hot about the wine though, and took only 1.5 glasses, palming off everything else to the girlfriend. She obviously didn't object. So glad to see her finally unwind after weeks of crazy whirl.

No comments: