Monday, October 01, 2012

One Pink Macaron


Before I hopped out to Yogyakarta, there was a window to catch up with one teeny birthday girl. She had a breakfast croissant. Like the other little girl I'm very fond of, this one also picked out the two crisp ends of the croissant to munch on. The adults were left with the soft parts. Bleah. I really like those corners of a croissant too. Hmmmph.

After breakfast, the birthday girl announced that she wasn't ready to go home. "Let's go shopping and have tea." I completely fell off my chair. You're 4 years old. What business do you have with tea and shopping? SHE IS SO GIRL LOR. And she runs away from the sun. I was tickled mad when she ran screaming from the rays of sunshine as we strolled down the street in the almost fierce noon sun. Okay, if she wants to come traveling with Aunty Imp, she needs to embrace the sun and the sea. Must.influence.the.children.

With much eye-rolling, Y and I looked for a quiet cafe that had a comfortable table at the corner, and something for Lil'Missy. Not quite a cake, but something tinier. Quite easily found. We sat down for tea with Lil'Missy. Of course she can't have tea just yet, only a sniff at our teas in the giant teapots. She was allowed one birthday macaron, blackcurrant I think, with her choice of freshly squeezed orange juice over apple and watermelon. When the orders arrived, she turned to me and said, "Take a photo first, Aunty Imp!" She cheerfully posed for me and grinned into the lens. Yes, my dear. She knows the drill well, having watched the silly adults who always whip out phones and cameras before anything on the table is touched.

2 comments:

Yuling said...

She's got the drill down pat. At our breakfast table, she'll do some food styling and arranging of the dining ware, stick a hand in and ask for a picture to be taken. *cue eye-rolling*

imp said...

The drill, definitely. Though I wonder what's with the hand! Heh.