Friday, February 08, 2013

My Special Birthday Cake


The week before the actual date, two girlfriends surprised me with a little party and a special birthday 'cake'. I didn't know they had planned it. I was a little stunned when the 'cake' was brought out and they yelled "Happy Birthday!" For three seconds, I was all confused, "Whose birthday?!" Oh...mine.

Clever girls didn't waste effort to bake a giant cake when it was just the few of us, plus little ones. Plus I'm not big on sweets, really, even if the entire cake is made of dark chocolate and little sugar, unless there're like many many people to share it with me. Okay wait...the exception being a gorgeous dark chocolate-Guinness cake. The girls formed up fishcakes to make one special cake that they know I would eat them all! I was absolutely thrilled! Thank you so much, my lovelies.

There was a little girl (whom I adore) sitting at the side munching her jelly while we fussed over the 'cake' and all. She was completely bemused by a birthday cake that looked like no other she knew. Muahahahahha. And this fishcake marked the first of probably many cakes this season. But it'll be the best, and the most original of them all. Much love.

9 comments:

sinlady said...

what a clever, original and creative idea - a cake made up of fishcake! you are one lucky girl to have such special people for friends :) *big hug* to you for your birthday and always.

Wee-Chong said...

Happy Birthday!

allie said...

Happy birthday to you!!! May there be more "cakes" to come.

iceaster said...

happy birthday

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Imp!
-misti

weiling said...

Happy birthday!

imp said...

My thanks, all!

FML said...

Happy belated Birthday + 恭喜发财!

imp said...

FML: thank you! a good festive season to you too.