Sunday, September 01, 2013

Working During The Weekend

Didn't even bat an eyelid when Pekoe & Imp's projects require me to work weekends. Happy to have worked the hours, not just for the workshops, but also the prep, logistics, the set-up and tear-down. It was tiring, but it was immensely satisfying.

As my partner and I went through the notes for the workshop, pushed ourselves to extract all ounces of knowledge from what we have read, learnt, heard and acquired through both formal (as formal as it could be without a certification or a degree from Specialty Tea Institutes or any sort of Tea Universities), we realized that we're approaching this with the ferocity of a research thesis. FFS, this is the first time in my life that I found alegbra useful, and actually used it to write out formulas to...brew tea, wtf.

People have asked, "Why don't you do a post-grad in...something?" I understand what they mean. Most of the friends have also taken sabbaticals to study a discipline that they've always wanted to devote time to. Our paths have all separated, at this point. Well, I guess this is my 'something'. Of course this isn't the overarching passion in my life. There're other commitments and passions I enjoy doing, but none that demands such academic rigor in the way we absorb the information, distil out myths and theories to presenting them into one coherent bite-sized chunk as neutral parties.

An excellent batch of Pu'er Bai Ya (普尔白芽, white tea) Paper & Tea, Berlin.

No comments: