Friday, October 18, 2013

'White Lies' for Burberry #THISISBRIT


Burberry's gone big on a digitally-driven global campaign for its new men's fragrance 'Brit Rhythm'. #THISISBRIT In its homage to live music, they held three live gigs and by-invite-only parties in three cities- 'White Lies' for London and New York City with 'Peace', and tonight, Singapore. Thanks, DivisionCom!

Burberry definitely knows how to throw a party, right from the fragrance-infused entry ink stamps, to confetti in the shape of a bottle of Brit Rhythm, efficient valet service, cute dudes ushering us to the venue and pulling out huge brollies to shelter us in the pouring rain to the car after. The full works. The campaign transformed a warehouse in Jalan Ampas in Balestier into an industrial-chic air-conditioned gig venue with an open bar. Awesome. OH, the beer provided was Peroni. Why!!! That boggled my mind. I was hoping for a British brown ale of sorts; any British ale, rather.

I'm not shy to say it. I was totally there for the gig. Allo, men's fragrance. It has got nothing to do with me. But hey, at least I slung this season's Burberry bag and wore shoes from another British label. 'White Lies' was supposed play in Singapore a couple of years back, in April 2011. But that gig was cancelled. ('The National' cancelled too. I had to chase them down in Buenos Aires.) It's been too long. Pleased to be see them in town. They played 'There Goes Our Love', 'Death' and 'First Time Caller', so I was happy. Great party. They really should return for a full gig soon.

Glad that I came back to town to attend this gig with the man, in the awesome company of our friends and a good band. I remembered our wedding anniversary this year. A wonderful 4th to us, unwittingly celebrating it in this perfect way.

Harry McVeigh in erm a Burberry Prorsum leopard print tee.

2 comments:

tuti said...

Happy 4th, Imp and Man!
To more good years, cheers!

imp said...

Thanks!