Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Lift Ride Took All Of Three Minutes

Bumped into neighbors in the lift. A father and his probably-5-year-old daughter holding on to a pink balloon. This was the first time we shared the lift. The man was carrying a heavy amp and simply smiled. I said a cheery hello.

The little girl gave me a cheeky grin and audaciously asked "Where did you go? Where did you come from?"

I was like...okkaay, you little inquisitive one. Replied to say that we went out to play some music. She seemed satisfied and merrily told us she went to a birthday party and received the balloon. I said something random about a nice party and how the pink of the balloon matched her blouse.

The little girl's next question floored me. "Why are you wearing sunglasses?"

Great question. We were in a lift going home. Technically, sunnies weren't needed. LOL. The man cackled. The father had this 'oh dear' look. He might have done the facepalm if he wasn't so amused that his daughter talked so much to a random stranger whom she had never met. I had time to reply before the doors open on a lower floor to their unit. Perched the sunnies on my head. "Well, yes. Right. I'm home and don't need them now."

Little girls!!! 

4 comments:

jo said...

Hee. Kids DO ask the darndest questions :p

imp said...

Heh. In this case, super logical!

M. said...

You and little girls :))) love your sharing. Sometimes we forget to remember little stories that made us smile.

imp said...

M: heh. And i don't even know the name of this one!