Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Girls' Night Out at Ki-sho

One of Chef Kazuhiro Hamamoto's signature dish of Murasaki uni with vinegar jelly,
edamame, sweet corn and Oscietra caviar on a zuiki (ずいき) leaf.

It has been a long long time since I stepped into Ki-sho (葵匠). It must have been a full year. No better time than to check in with a bunch of girlfriends for a celebratory meal. When I say 'celebratory', I don't mean a special occasion of sorts. It wasn't anyone's birthday or anything. It was a spontaneous celebration of friendships, health, blessings and life.

I've completely forgotten Ki-sho's flavors. Nice to see the bit of tweaks to the menu and still have signature dishes presented. Luckily we decided to share a 720ml bottle of sake and didn't go crazy on the alcohol. Driving lah. The sake was enough to complement the food. The girls were hilarious. They knew I wasn't familiar with Ki-sho's menu by now, except for the seasonal pickings. But they were certain I knew the sake menu. They left the choice of sake in my hands. "Whatever." They breezily said. Fine. I ordered a whatever-junmai-daiginjo that turned out quite good.

What a wonderful night of laughter and conversation. A long dinner that certainly didn't feel dragged-out. We were the last to leave the sushi counter. Best. Made all the noise we wanted. Left the restaurant with satiated bellies.

No comments: