Thursday, September 25, 2014

I Got A Present!

Wasn't mope-y. But just feeling a tad lost. For a month, the routine has been slightly different from what I do at home. The work portion continued over emails, but at a slower pace because I stayed on emails for only two hours a day and being out of Singapore means no work trips done. Woot. Didn't even bother very much about the news in the world or at home. Simply wanted to enjoy the time as a temporary resident in Oslo.

Did I miss the man during this period? Yes, and no. Traveling is very much part of our lives. Communication is easy to sort out with all the messaging platforms and Skype. Don't need to voice-chat with each other daily. Never did that on crazy work trips and don't do it now on solo vacations either. I Skype-video-ed him only about thrice for no more than 15 minutes each time. Heeee. It's more of a, 'wish you were here experiencing these together'. The month was dedicated to the girlfriend, and I made a conscious decision to prioritize her, and indirectly, her family too. Merrily did so.

Also, I miss the girlfriend's crazy laughter, random comments and conversation. It's kinda quieter without her. I was like her little shadow. HAHAHA. Sounds so creepy. Anyway, I miss pottering about the house, doing minion duties and random things, catching whichever unsuspecting boy to sweep the floor, loading the dishwasher, and sprawling on my favorite armchair in the corner, usurping everyone else's right to it.

So what do I see in the mailbox just a few days after getting home and missing Oslo (the people, rather) a fair bit? A small envelope from Oslo! Wheeeeee. Trashies in a sealed purple egg! I forgot to buy myself a pack of Trashies in Oslo. There's no point buying it in Singapore. Opened it and out popped Boggy Bonfire and Doo Doo Bird! And the sweetest card ever with the warmest words. (PS, not that I obsess about owls. Don't mind them though. Hehehehe.) So much love. I have the best-est friends in the world.

1 comment:

tuti said...

means you are welcome back, kkk.
you is got the sweetest friends.