Friday, August 29, 2014

Multer


The one thing I've been eating a lot here is multer, or cloudberries. Not in the form of a jam, but in its freshly picked tart form. Somehow I like having it in the mornings for a very light breakfast. Don't mind having breakfast here because lunch is also super light. I can't deal with hot breakfasts in the morning. Too early for the stomach, unless it's eggs. Most mornings, I like a glass of cold water and freshly squeezed juice to wake up, then sort out a bit of light bites in the form of muesli or granola. I love cloudberries best with granola and a dash of kesam.

Coffee in Norway is generally decent, although I prefer to have it plain black here. No sugar, of course. Don't quite like how the milk taste with it. The milk is kinda naturally sweet, so I rather drink it on its own. Perhaps I haven't tried enough brands to discern the differences. Anyway. Cafes. I don't have a preferred one. Whichever convenient and smells good will do. Just avoid Starbucks, will ya? Their beans seem fine when we sort it out on the coffee machine at home. But at the Starbucks cafes, they just don't come out very nice. Depending on what beans we've ground over the weekend, coffee flavors change around. Currently, it's an Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. Mmm.

No comments: