Friday, January 13, 2017

Pizza Massilia Bangkok


Back in Bangkok and the first thing the man wanted is pizza. Pizza is like the man's all-time favorite food, and my all-time dislike. UGH. Okay. I know where that came from. We've been catching up with Amazon's 'Eat the World with Emeril Lagasse', and there's one episode on Franco Pepe's Italian pizza. Emeril Lagasse partnered up Nancy Silverton (of LA's Osteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza); she drove him around Campania in Italy to check out burrata, olive oil, and finally ended up at Franco Pepe's renowned pizza eatery in Caiazzo, near Naples.

Didn't need Thai food anymore. Hahahaha. The whole bunch us went to Pizza Massilia. Shared everything. Lamb chops, beef, pasta and of course, pizza. The man can't stop raving about how good those pizzas were. The decor threw me off, but yes, this place does a very good pizza indeed. Their vegan and vegetarian selections are awesome. Very good flavors going on. Still, I only wanted one slice. I've never met a pizza that I wanted to eat more than two slices of.

Luckily for me, there were other humans present to share the food. Whewwww. I could simply have a bite or so here and there. Needed to manage potential indigestion, so I mainly stuck to a very simple aglio e olio. Good olive oil used, but if only they didn't douse the pasta so liberally. Fairly satisfying.

No comments: