Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Explosions In The Sky :: Singapore


I last saw Explosions In the Sky (EITS) in Hong Kong, 2013. Really didn't mind catching them again in Singapore again. Post-rock. This is at The Coliseum RWS, usually a walk in the park. BUT, never one to take chances, I watered and fed myself very well prior to the gig. Still scarred from last Saturday.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra opened the show. We didn't intend to catch them but I guess strolling in at 8pm meant we caught a good half of their set. I'm not very hot about them because, psychedelic rock that seems to sound so much like pop. *shrug*

EITS came on at 9pm and played almost two hours. No encore. They played a looong set. I totally disappeared into the music in those last few pieces after 'With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept'. We had earplugs, but man, EITS was face-meltingly loud. Wheeeeeeeeeee! Epic post-rock riffs and movements. Those soundwaves surged from the stage and washed over the crowd. It was GLORIOUS.

No comments: