Thursday, April 20, 2017

Lunch At PUNCH


I like the coffee and easy food at PUNCH. I seem to keep going there in the mornings, so its poached eggs with avocado or mushrooms on sourdough and bircher muesli are my default foods. Never tried its savory lunch menu.

After J kept raving about PUNCH's prawn pasta and seeing that the cafe ran out of it on our last visit, we made it to a late lunch in town again specially for this pasta. In a crazy month at work for her where she had to pull lots of late nights and early mornings, she managed to take these few hours to sit down for a cup of good coffee and freshly made food. Precious time!

And so I finally tasted the tiger prawns and scallop spaghetti aglio e olio at PUNCH. Loved it. The mixture of garlic, chilli and toasted breadcrumbs is a winner. At S$19 for a plate of pasta garnished with three big prawns and two to three scallops, I've got no complaints at all. Although on some days, I'd need to take an antihistamine before consuming it. Those prawn heads are fierce.

No comments: