Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Eid Mubarak & Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri!

Aside from having a number of good friends whom I want to see from time to time to get IRL hugs, I totally confess to being extra enthusiastic about visiting them during Hari Raya Puasa / Eid al-Fitr because I also really really really love the generous spread of homecooked delights they treat us to. 😋😬

When we were much younger, it used to be us lapping up whatever wonderful things the parents dished out. Now, the friends have acquired the required culinary skills to churn out sambal paru or sambal goreng hati or sambal goreng pengantin, super good rendanglontong, fantastic biryani and such. Lucky us get to sample their cooking through the year, whenever they feel like having guests over! The past weekend's invitations were extra precious.

We spent the long weekend having loads of fabulous homecooked meals and great conversation. Thankful for giant doses of much-needed laughter, sarcasm and warmth. Don't worry, I totally paced my stomach, and made sure I hit the cardio burn before stepping into the friends' houses. I had to control myself and decline their ridiculously tempting offers to "pack just a little bit of food" home. Hurhurhur.

Eid Mubarak and Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri, my dears! 

No comments: