Saturday, September 30, 2017

ไปที่ห้องออกกำลังกาย


There're six Virgin Active gyms in Bangkok alone. I visited three and decided that Virgin Active at EmQuartier is the most convenient to complement my trip itinerary. It's so swanky. Spanning three levels, it has an indoor climbing wall and a heated indoor lap pool. Waaaaaah. Made Virgin Active at EmQuartier my daily stop. It's definitely more cheerful than working out at the hotel gym!

The gym classes are conducted mainly in Thai. That's fine because you don't exactly need to understand Thai to know what's going on in class. As a guest at Virgin Active Thailand, I can view the classes, but I can't book them; I could pop in if there're spaces. I simply turn up a few minutes before the scheduled classes to see if there 'spaces', and go tell the instructor that I'd be joining. No issues. The instructors haven't realized that I'm not Thai because those few sentences I've uttered in Thai are without any hint of an accent to indicate otherwise. :P

I haven't attended any sort of anti-gravity classes for the past few months. Went for aerial as my introduction to this gym, and managed to squeeze into two more aerial classes on the following days. Realized that it's a little different from our classes in Singapore. What they term as 'aerial' under the 'AntiGravity' branding, is similar to our 'AntiGravity Level 2'. No wonder the gym put out a reminder that one would need to attend 20 beginner classes before attempting it. OH. Okay lor. Whatever. It's fine for me anyway. Kekekekeke.

In these aerial classes, there were plenty of assisted handstands, legs-over-head inversions, flips, and all sorts of hand-loops on the silk hammocks that reminded me to protract my shoulder blades to fully utilize the lats. I got all the deep stretches and backbends I wanted. Since I haven't bothered with getting massages in this city, these classes managed to iron out deep kinks and aching back muscles. ✌🏻

2 comments:

Cavalock said...

Ah, the singapore membership gets you in? Cool. If so, I guess mine should too.

BTW a distant cousin of mine visited me this week. Never met her before and we had dinner at Suju. Apparently one of my distant relatives was a former Bangkok governor. Lol

imp said...

yes! our membership (for now) gets us in at any Virgin in the world.

ooh. nice to sit and chat then, and if she's cool, then you guys can hang out more. :)