Sunday, October 01, 2017

ROAST at EmQuartier


As far as coffeeshops in malls go, ROAST at EmQuartier is all right, although it's really been overhyped. I've been wandering over for a few cups of coffee when I can't get to my preferred coffeeshops. It's located at a convenient stop, near many places I'm headed to, and just a hop away from the gym. Hehehe. There's ROAST at theCOMMONS over at Thonglor, but I'm not lurking around the area on this trip, and am too lazy to go there.

I've been mainly grabbing coffees to-go from ROAST EmQuartier. Haven't had its food though. No cravings for potato chowder, pasta or the brunch menu. Not a pancakes or waffles person either. Also, this is not the sort of food I want to eat in Bangkok. Breakfast eggs at cafes here don't interest me when the hotel kitchen does a great job at it, and at its buffet line, also offers a delightful array of breads, and honey, jams and avocado. It's just that the hotel's coffee really suck, and I'd rather not drink it at all.

Instead of ordering a caffè latte to-go that afternoon at ROAST EmQuartier, I sat down at a table for coffee with S and N. We made a tentative date initially because this is their crazy month at work. They had to work through the noon hour and after, but managed to sneak out of their respective offices for an ultra-late-looong-lunch, and of course, to get a caffeine boost. No food for me since I had already eaten earlier. Hurhurhur. So nice to catch up with them and get IRL hugs.

2 comments:

Su-Lin said...

My 'go-to' place for coffee too! Love the roasted prawns with salsa!

imp said...

it's got pretty decent coffee. Haven't had its food. i'm usually in a hurry to get out of the mall after coffee. :P