Friday, November 03, 2017

One Slice of Wholewheat Pancake

I'm not a fan of waffles or pancakes. I especially dislike fluffy pancakes. There, I said it. They lean on the sweet side and I absolutely dislike morning bites to be sweet especially when I'm not a breakfast person. As it is, granola or muesli is already really sweet by my standards. They're ameliorated by adding Greek yoghurt, full-cream milk, raspberries and blackberries.

The man made pancakes at 7.30am and insisted that I try some. So I did, at 11am. Hahahaha. I was busy sorting out some work stuff earlier and a hot cup of coffee sufficed as sustenance. The man made sure he didn't add on too much sugar to the wholewheat pancakes. In fact, for my little slice, he added even less sugar. He didn't make a stack for me because I wouldn't be able to finish it. One little slice sufficiently fueled me till a late lunch at 3pm.

Honestly, I liked it. Pancakes gotta be made with at least 60% wholewheat flour and also oats. It's a little bland to eat them plain though. Topped up with fruits. Didn't have figs in the fridge. Found other items. The slices of caramelized bananas were wayy too sweet for me, so I brushed that aside. Blueberries and natural Greek yoghurt balanced out the rest of the sugar on the plate.

No comments: