Thursday, November 02, 2017

One Limo-Cab Fail

Made an advance booking for the next day which was accepted quickly. However, after I clarified that it would be my guests that the limo-cab would be picking up and although payment would be routed through my Masterpass, I wouldn’t be present, except remotely. Two hours later, the driver called to decline the job, blubbering. What he said made no sense at all. He blamed his wife for accepting the job on his behalf, and offered me the option of paying cash so that he or another ‘member’ would do this job with a different vehicle number. WHUT.

I would have assumed that he made the logical mistake of mistaking 5.30 AM for 5.30 PM, but for his suggestion that if I could pay in cash, he could still do it or have someone else who’s ‘one of his members’ do the job. I flatly declined. The whole point is for my guests not to pay, and for the transaction to come with a receipt and I can track progress. I canceled the booking instead and gave the reason that ‘cab driver clicked too fast and wrongly’. Hesitated writing in to CDGTaxi simply because while it’s annoying, it doesn’t warrantee a note.

Maybe he was trying to be responsible in giving me an alternative. But it’s a dumb alternative that doesn’t reflect well on CDGTaxi. After his phone call and hearing him squawk in not very intelligible English, I came away with the distinct feeling that he wasn’t comfortable with my arrangements. Or worse, uncomfortable with the payment mode. Aren’t limo-cabs supposed to also master the technology of payment? If CDGTaxi is aggressively promoting their own Masterpass payment via bookings or street hail by offering discounts, then their own drivers are sabo-ing them big time. Anyway, there could be a ton of other reasons why he rejected this job. Whatever.

I do this all the time- book cabs for guests and payment to be placed via my Masterpass. Most limo-cab drivers are happy to do it. Many are in fact great at answering my text messages and letting me know they’re cool with the arrangement and often, update me with a final text of ‘guests on board’. I definitely prefer using CDG cabs over any other company’s, especially since I have no luck with UberSG and am not bothered with Grab. 

No comments: