Saturday, December 23, 2017

Omotesando Koffee

Now that the crazy crowds have stopped surging to Omotesando Koffee, I shimmied there for a cup. It's not as though I went out of my way for it. It was a short stroll from the gym, and a good hour to meet J for lunch. I didn't bother to hunt down the pop-up in Wan Chai, Hong Kong, and I haven't had a chance to check out Toranomon Koffee or Koffee Mameya in Tokyo.

Omotesando Koffee is back to its original pop-up concept as a little stall instead of a coffeehouse. No seating is available. During off-peak hours, the baristas might not mind you standing around for a short while as you sip your coffee. However, be warned that between 12.30pm to 2pm, you'll still have to queue and wait for about 15 to 20 minutes for your to-go cup.

There's the usual rich and creamy caffe latte I know from the coffee joint. That's always expectedly beautiful. Today, we asked for their secret stash- a single origin espresso, with milk added to make a caffe latte. :P The single origin beans change about every other week. This week, they used an Ethiopian Guji. From my favorite Sidamo region (or perhaps Sidama after the controversy). I really quite like how the berry flavors came up under all that milk.


There's a cookie in the photo. Please ignore it. It doesn't come with the coffee at all. Never. No cookie ever comes with it at Omotesando Koffee in any city. It was BYOC-Day. Bring-Your-Own-Cookie Day. J brought along a little packet to share with me and the baristas (who could only munch on it after their shift). She primly informed me that the cookies are from Rusu Rusu (菓子工房ルスルスの). Heheheh.

I was so focused on coffee that I forgot about food. Hahaha. There're plenty of options within Downtown Gallery. J suggested a few eateries, but mentioned about Chatterbox chicken rice last because she figured that beyond chicken skin, I might not be keen on it. But hey, there's rice and bits of meat- I don't need that much food, and I hadn't tried this restaurant in its 'express' version. Chicken rice for lunch it was (with many slices of meat contributed to J's plate).

Express by Chatterbox priced its chicken rice set at S$8.50 a plate, it's definitely more do-able than its Mandarin Orchard Hotel's incoherent S$32 for a portion. There's its pretty decent laksa too, but no option of lobster, just chicken or prawns. The restaurant was crowded, as expected of any located in town at this hour. But it does empty out by 1.45pm.


Omotesando Koffee
6A Shenton Way, Downtown Gallery
#04-01, The Work Project
Singapore 068815 
Hours: 8am to 6pm; Closed on weekends.

4 comments:

Su-Lin said...

The man was just gifted a bag of beans from here!!

imp said...

Enjoy the beans!

jo said...

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ hehehe.. we can try a different place for lunch next time!

imp said...

jo: let's go!