Friday, December 29, 2017

Tis The Season For Good Beers!


Whenever we look for beers, we keep ending up at the very convenient TAP and Thirsty. While we've scaled back on alcohol generally, we still drink. Our livers are still in decent condition, but they're definitely happier with a lower volume of work. Oof.

There's something about beer this season. They make great gifts. Oddly, we haven't bought any beers for anyone! We've received them as gifts. Our dear friends sent us an awesome Advent calendar in the form of a box of beers from Thirsty. WHOAAA. Of course the beers didn't even last through three days of Advent. They were drunk pretty quickly. Hahaha. The choices that Thirsty put in were quite fine. A range of beers that included a root beer with alcohol, some okay fruit beers, and my dependable Lost Coast 8-Ball (oatmeal) Stout.

Then when I opened up a cute box (also from Thirsty) from Y and A, I found my beer of the season- the 30th anniversary edition Deschutes Jubelale. Oregon artist MaryLea Harris did the series of snowflakes on the bottles. I've heard of her long ago and enjoyed her works. Nice to see it on beer bottles too!

I love winter ales. They tend to be rich and strong, which is perfect since I keep leaning towards stouts and porters. Beers that are hoppy and too light don't work for me. Deschutes Jubelale's pretty good! Y and A said they couldn't choose what to go in the box, so they were glad that we've very drinkable cans and bottles. Oh yes, indeed. There was only one bottle of Deschutes Jubelale in this pack, so I went out to Thirsty to grab another half a dozen bottles to keep in the fridge.

Then, the man and I were gobsmacked when I found out this cute Thirsty box from Y and A is the first of three. They bought us a three-month subscription! WHUT. Another six pack is arriving in January, and a third in February. Too generous. 🍻😍

No comments: