Thursday, June 28, 2018

One Teochew Cold Crab

Since I was still on antihistamines (clearing up decently by now), I might as well go for broke and eat all the crustaceans. Went out to dinner with V at Crystal Jade Golden Palace. If it's just us two, we can't quite order more than three dishes, which works fine since we have limited stomach capacity. Oof.

Yeah, it's our usual casual dinner, but it's still a reason to celebrate dearest V's birthday month. Wheeeeee. Ordered one Teochew cold crab (潮式冻黄膏蟹) for her. Actually, she could have finished a whole crab by herself. She was just being polite in sharing. :P She loves her crustaceans. I'm not that big a fan of crabs. I don't mind white pepper crabs or Teochew style cold, but I'll still only take two pieces, and that's more than enough. Took the pincer, bit of leg and bit of the body. That was like our appetizer and main together.

Had soup too. I love Cantonese soups and how this restaurant does it. I can't leave without having a piping hot bowl of gorgeous soup. Mustard greens for vegetables. Dunno why I rarely eat them at home. Prefer to eat mustard greens at restaurants where they seem to cook it better. By then, we were stuffed and didn't bother to eat much of the vermicelli of shredded duck and pickled vegetables. Just a tiny bowl each. Packed the rest of it home.

No comments: