Saturday, July 21, 2018

Fun Cufflinks

Grinned when I folded the man's work clothes into a flat pack that would be worn to the office after the morning gym class. For many many years, he never had to wear the usual corporate shirts and pants to the office. Jeans and casual long-sleeved shirts sufficed. However in this new role, he does have to wear those a fair bit. He could still get away with a fun long-sleeved shirt and jeans on most days, but he's also gotta clean up a little more at some meetings and when he flies out on work trips.

I was quite tickled when he was forced to go shopping for work shirts. He doesn't actually own many of those. Bought some off-the-rack shirts that could fit, and tailored the rest. He doesn't want to buy a full wardrobe either. The number of shirts he owns is strictly utilitarian and in line with the laundry schedule. Hahahaha. They're sent to the laundromat to be washed and pressed. Yours truly does not iron, period. I'm considering the virtues of owning an iron and having to create space for an ironing board. As it is, none of my clothes require ironing. I’m not inclined to buy clothes that need to be ironed since that would mean sending them to the laundromat. I'll probably really pissed if the man refuses to iron his own shirts and makes me iron them.

He managed to pick out a few work shirts with sleeves that require cufflinks. For these cufflinks, he likes the fun designs instead of classic shapes. I was randomly walking through a mall when there was time to stop by the men's section. Took a quick look and picked out Star Wars cufflinks. I would like them for myself too! Oof! Oh well, too bad that I don't wear long-sleeved shirts. Bought the man two pairs of cufflinks in the shape of a Millennium Falcon and BB-8. That would be a nod to one of his favorite cinematic universes, and would definitely brighten up a boring work day each time he sets eyes on the cute things on his sleeves.

No comments: