Thursday, July 26, 2018

My Favorite Kind of Instant Noodles


It was a frazzling and frustrating week... I literally invited myself over to the girlfriend's home for dinner. Even stated that I'd like to have healthy atas instant soup noodles. Hahahahah. That was effectively asking her to cook. The girlfriend magnanimously indulged me, in spite of having had a loooong week at work too. This dinner was much appreciated.

Into the soup pot the udon went. I asked for noodles and a few stalks of mushrooms. Got 'em, and a whole lot more! It was such a happy meal! The girlfriend had a full day too, but went to the supermarket to get some fresh ingredients (instead of eating all processed items) to make a healthier bowl.

Vegetables and real crab meat! I didn't realize that there was crab meat because those were dense pieces and they sat at the bottom of the bowl. It was when I was scooping up soup then I realized that "Waaah, the crab meat is thick!" Oof. The bowl came topped with such a beautiful egg! She was so nimble with the egg. The yolk STAYED. Woah. Well, hers stayed all the way. I kinda broke mine about halfway through the bowl.

And goodness, that was one bowl of absolute therapy that calmed the tummy (indigestion and nerves) and warmed my heart. It was gorgeous to simply show up and sit down to eat. The best part of friendship- I could guiltlessly give in to exhaustion. I didn't even bother staying beyond the hour. Didn't even wash the bowls and cutlery. On a full but not overstuffed tummy, I zipped home, showered and dropped into a deep sleep. This is what being pampered feels like. 😍

2 comments:

b.muse said...

Hurhur, i swear the noodles look way more appetising from your photos! I was too busy trying to transfer the egg intact to present all the ingredients nicely! :D

You're welcome anytime for noodle soup! This failproof "throw things into pot and boil" type of cooking is probably the only type of food I dare to serve you lor. Hehe.

imp said...

I love these noodle soups! It’s the best! Nothing outside can quite match. Hahahah.