Friday, July 27, 2018

The Sun Spots Have Lightened


I merrily ignored sunblock till the last two years. They’re chemicals too. Haizzz. Can’t be helped. At least I've found a few suitable brands of sunblock I like (also approved by my dermatologist) and will continue using. And I won't go out into the sun without a hat or a brolly anymore. Aunty-level unlocked. 😖

My solar lentigines have grown so dark and numerous through the years that the effects of this first laser session are already impressive. I've forgotten how my skin looks without the melanin clustering together in this way. Now that the crusts of broken melanin have flaked off, the spots look a whole lot better.

Three weeks on, and I suppose this is the maximum the sun spots would lighten after one laser session. Onward to the next three laser sessions then. Crusts are crusts. The spots would probably look horrid again during the immediate week following the laser sessions. Can’t be helped. Oh well. As much as I love swimming, the chemicals (in a pool) aren't gonna be good for the face, so I can't quite swim for at least six months. That's rather sad. If spots can lighten, they can just as easily darken or reoccur, in the same places. Sunscreen can only help so much. I will need to be vigilant and stay out of a direct hit of UV rays.

I still haven't touched make-up. No powder, concealer or BB cream, and definitely no foundation. With these treatments, my skin is likely sensitive as it is clear (no make-up = few issues of clogged pores) and uhh smooth. Hahahahaha. I don't want to add in irritants while it's healing these few months. Hey, at least I draw my eyebrows, as a courtesy to the friends and people I meet. Oof! I won't scare you with photos of both cheeks. Will show you the progression of how the solar lentigines have lightened on this one cheek. 

2 comments:

Cavalock said...

Yikes, I got the exact same spot too on me right cheek but I have been dismissing it as freckles. Hope your renovation is going smoothly now. I kinda know how it feels. Me old family home saw its fair share of crazy reno stories considering how old the place was.

imp said...

Just have it checked out to ensure it’s not malignant. After that it’s a matter of aesthetics and how much it irritates you. But it’s a simple zapping! No downtime in that sense if you’re not too bothered.

I bet your old family home holds tons of stories! And you had to gut it too to rebuild. It looks all restored beautiful yet contemporary now!