Tuesday, September 25, 2018

ASIWYFA!


Happy to see KittyWu Records doing what they do best. I always try to make it to their gigs! It was so good to catch And So I Watch You From Afar (ASIWYFA) in Singapore again after four years. They're a hardworking band, and since their last album 'The Endless Shimmering' (2017), they've gone on many tours.

ASIWYFA did a mix of old favorites and new-ish ones from 2017. Their sounds has shifted, and they sound very clean nowadays, less gritty. Still awesome. Of course they did 'Set Guitars to Kill' from their very first album. That's still one of my favorites from the band.

It was a small venue, but it was okay. Except that they were over enthusiastic with the smoke machine and my eyes smarted terribly by the end of the night. The gig was too short! Or rather I wished that they played longer. It was sooo easy to be lost in their pounding rhythms.

No comments: