Friday, September 14, 2018

Used All My Core Strength!

My inner thighs have equally glorious streaks of blues, blacks and greens.

I gained a ton of splendid bruises from hauling furniture on my own. It was just moving them about from room to room. The small ones aren’t a big deal. The bigger ones pose a challenge. There’s a small solid oak table with drawers and tiny legs. It’s a little unwieldy and a tad too wide for my hands. But I could just about manage it.

When I tested the table's weight, I grimaced. It was bloody heavy. The invoice and the dimensions listed on the shop's website specifications didn't state its weight either. There's a fine line between being obstinate and stupid (risking a slipped disc and all that), and taking a little risk to bravely move it myself (because I know my strength). All those deadlifts and squats at the gym! They'd better help. Hugged that stupid table, went into a squat, lifted it off the floor utilizing rhomboids and lats, sat it on my thighs to ease the weight, and stayed in that low squat to waddle into the next room and placed it into position. Didn't strain anything and pulled nothing. I felt fine. ✌🏻

Giggled when I set up the man's bar and weights at a LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength class. He usually takes 10kg a side (the bar weighs 3kg), totaling 23 kg. It felt okay. Waited for him to arrive so that he could spot me a little. Attempted to lift the bar. There, a clean and press easily done. Five reps, three sets. YESSSS! I was a little surprised. I didn't know I could go up to that weight now. Hurhurhur. But I'm not going to carry this weight in class. That would be madness. 23kg + HIIT and a ton of press-ups will simply knock me flat out. Naaah, I’m going back to my 18kg total.

I did attempt 12.5kg on each side. 28kg total, just to see how it felt. I could only do three reps. OKAY. No wonder I had to stay in a low squat, utilize my entire core strength to unglamorously waddle across to the other room. It means that the damn table likely weighs about 32kg. 🙄😐

No comments: