Thursday, September 13, 2018

No Beans for the BFF

It's fairly uncharacteristic of the BFF to ask for dim sum at lunch. Only because both of us are so picky that it's hard to get to a good restaurant on week days. Also, nothing beats our favorite restaurants in Hong Kong. :P On a day when we had back-to-back meetings with a two-hour lunch window, Peach Garden at OCBC Center it was.

The soup of the day was a bowl of pork-dunno-what with black beans. Cloudy because of the starch from the beans. I didn't mind it. I don't take the ingredients of the soup anyway. I just want the liquid. I miss a good bowl Cantonese soup. I've too busy too cook! The BFF is more picky- she doesn't eat peas or beans. HAHAHHA. She doesn’t do too well with Mexican stews and dips or Indian vegetarian food. She definitely doesn't even want them in either Western or Asian soups. Too bad. This bowl of fairly decent soup was all mine then.

The char siew rice roll (腸粉) and salted egg yolk custard bun (流沙包) ain't the best, but it would do. The BFF ate all the buns. Hahaha. Kept the carbs minimal. Otherwise I wouldn’t be able to keep my eyes open at the afternoon meeting. I skipped a mid-day gym class to make this lunch. Hahah. Went for a class in the morning instead. I hadn’t seen the BFF for three weeks and I wanted to talk to her about logistics for an event that we’ve committed to.

No comments: