Friday, October 05, 2018

Talking About Laundry Detergent

I was terribly embarrassed to actually put through a voice call to the BFF. She didn't pick up, but she called me back within two minutes. I was almost stumbling over my words,

"This isn't urgent. And it's a bloody Aunty call. Erm, I'm in a Cold Storage and there's a S$26.50 promotion for three bottles of Persil anti-bacterial laundry liquid. Low suds, for front loads. It's usually $12.50 for a 2.7-litre bottle. Do you want one?"

BFF was creepily silent for three seconds before she started laughing. I was squirming. She replied in Cantonese. "點解你噉師奶嘅?"

WEHHH! 😳😒

In my defense, the BFF was looking for a new laundry detergent to try out for indoor drying. Pffft. We had a random conversation about it two weeks ago. We tend to use similar brands for detergents and home cleaners. Since I do scan through PrimeNow, redmart and such before buying detergents and cleaners (same brands, why pay more?!), I might as well ask the BFF if she wants a bottle of whatever. Ha! 

2 comments:

jo said...

HAHAHA. You know your friendship has reached new levels when you offer to buy detergent for each other.

imp said...

right back at you. same for nail clippers okay.