Thursday, November 29, 2018

Eggs and Ham


The man is one of those who is always excited about hotel buffet breakfasts in Asia. He loves the range and choices available. Hotels in Asia do breakfasts sooo right. Since I'm not a hot breakfast person, I cannot understand how important a hot breakfast might be for many people. Hahahah.

I haven't attempted a Japanese-style breakfast for the man. It isn't difficult, but it's too much effort to expend this early in the morning or late in the night. The fridge isn't always stocked with ingredients needed. And my occupation isn't a 'housewife' or 'meal planner' or 'cook' okay.

Decided to assemble a hot breakfast for the man one morning when he would be having a long and likely angsty day at the office. The store-bought pieces of smoked blackforest ham were seared, and I used the rest of the oil for the egg. I almost always can do a sunny-side up with the yolk still runny. I haven't lost that skill of 'one crack of the shell and the yolk comes out whole'. I never have to waste eggs to get the perfect sunny-side up. Today was no different.

The man went, "Ooooh, what a nice breakfast! Thank you darling." He sat down, and almost as an afterthought, asked, "Do we have avocados? An avocado will be perfect!"

WALAOEH. NEVER DIE BEFORE IZZIT. DON'T HAVE AVOCADOS LAH. 😒🙄

Next week then I do avocado toast for him lor.

6 comments:

Cavalock said...

I kinda like the KL hotel breakfast buffets cos there's usually a middle-eastern spread. :)

Liverella said...

Always love Indonesian hotel breakfast buffet, they tend to do delicious local dishes and I love nasi uduk and nasi goreng! Terrible to eat so much carbs and sambal so early in the morning #sheepish

Unknown said...

HAHA really never die before this one! So sweet la your homemade breakfast! I am surprised you actually have NO avocadoes at home though, muahaha.

Bmuse

imp said...

@cavalock I still cannot leh! Unless there’re vegetable sticks or peppers to go with hummus. Shashuka thingies are too hot! Oof.

imp said...

@liverella I can maybe do hash browns with a wee bit of sambal. I can’t stuff a full lunch this early. :( Indonesian breakfasts are wayyy delicious with all the spices!

imp said...

@bmuse It’s an in between week for avocado delivery mah. Pfffft. Heheheheh.