Saturday, November 03, 2018

The Pilates Bridge

Instructor did a textbook bridge up and scooped to roll down each vertebrae. 

There will always be a few Pilates exercises that I don't look forward to. Somehow, they always zoom in on my weak spots. Ugh. Besides The Teaser sort of exercises that work tight hip flexors, I also fear any sort of Pilates bridge. The ache in the glutes are so not funny. If the glutes don't work hard enough, the quads will be dead.

That afternoon, the Pilates instructor smirked and decided on 15 minutes of doing Pilates bridges. Good lawwd. In gym time, especially during a HIIT workout, 90 seconds would be madness. Those reps can kill if you go mad and do them fast. Don't you hate it when the instructor says "20 more seconds" and you're about to keel over from burpees or mountain climbers?

She put me to work on all the machines, ending with the Cadillac. That was the worst. She literally saved the best for the last. A Pilates bridge with feet in suspension straps on the Cadillac. Those springs aren't the steadiest! Good laaawd. MY ABS HAD TO EXERT SO MUCH EFFORT. This year, it's been so crazy because I'm not even focusing on it, but I have been keeping these six-pack abs for months on end. The last time I saw my abs this defined, was like, two decades ago.

I can't seem to scoop and round that back more to come down. 

No comments: