Saturday, December 15, 2018

Chicken Curry Fail

Since V wasn't fussy about dinner that evening and had no cravings, I asked her to chalk up travel expenses and come over for dinner. Hurhurhur. Since my entire larder is always stocked with ingredients for curry, I decided to boil up an easy chicken curry. Only needed fresh meat- two pieces of thighs and two pieces of breasts. Bought them in fillets. I certainly wasn't going to buy a whole chicken to chop it up. Yucks.

Mid-way through, I had an accident with the salt jar, and OMG the chicken curry was salty af. I didn't even shriek when that happened. I was all quiet like, "FUCK. NOW WHAT?" 

Thank goodness I didn't marinate the chicken fillets with salt!!! It was chockfull of curry paste, and I seared it before it went into the pot; so at least it would be flavorful, and the salty gravy wouldn't make it totally inedible. I had to salvage the mad-salty concoction like crazy. I didn't have enough potatoes to soak up the salt, so I had scoop out half the gravy, top up with water, chilli powder, added more turmeric, garam masala and such. Had to ameliorate the salt with roots of coriander and spring onions, as well as added in a ton of tomatoes. The spice levels were on point, but I still found it too salty for my tastebuds. Boiled it all down and hoped for the best. #ImpieCooks2018

V was kinda stuck with coming over, and I was sooo sorry that food would suck. The man wasn't planning to join us for dinner, so I told the man that if he was intending on coming back for dinner, he might want to consider eating out instead... But he decided to brave the food. Hahahaha. There was Japanese sticky white rice and ciabatta bread. Those should help with the saltiness. The man and V took two sips and said it tasted fine. They actually ate up all the chicken and the gravy in their respective bowls. I stared at them, and wrinkled my nose. Okay lor, 他們還真賞臉。

The chicken curry wasn't an epic fail, methinks; this was after some major salvage efforts. But it wasn't as good as I'd have liked it to be. I WILL NEVER AGAIN SCOOP OUT SALT FROM A JAR OVER THE COOKING POT.

No photos after this because I was too annoyed with myself,
and upset with the crappy pot of curry.

No comments: