Friday, December 14, 2018

Pizza & Pasta at Luka

I love the Japanese take on Italian food at Luka. I've come here many times for lunch and dinner with the friends, but it took much longer to take the man here for dinner. We made it down one evening with a last minute reservation. Helmed by Chef Takashi Okuno, he brings his astute flavors into Luka's menu.

Look at the restaurant's awesome Stefano Ferrara brick oven for pizza! The man loved the pizza, specifically the dough. Mozzarella, rocket and parma ham, the standard pizza. It was a good size pizza for one. Hahaha. I had no interest in the pizza, but stole bits of the burrata and tomatoes. He also ordered 150 grams of Japanese wagyu rump. I took a slice. IT WAS DELICIOUS. The potato gratin it came with was super salty, but so nice in small bites. Hurhurhur.

I had clams and pasta! Short neck clams in garlic, chilli, fregola and white wine. It arrived swimming in olive oil and white wine. Goodness, it was so appetizing. The man dipped the ends of the pizza dough into it. The pasta was a spaghetti of shirasu aglio e olio- anchovy, white bait, cabbage, ooba leaf, garlic, chilli, olive oil. It was an unusual order for me, because I really dislike ooba leaves (or otherwise known as 'shiso'). BUT the kitchen didn't overdo it, they balanced the flavors so well that all I had to do, was to pick those leaves out.

No comments: