Saturday, December 08, 2018

Lunch and Dessert Loaves


It was sooo nice to have the E and S over for lunch. They made time so that we could sit and linger after the food. All these years, E and S have hosted plenty of meals at their homes. I've never cooked for them and it was a pleasure to do so. This dining table of mine is fulfilling its purpose.

When I asked them if they preferred Indian food or beehoon, they opted for the latter since it was lighter. Hurhurhur. Ooookies. I did my usual stir-fried white beehoon and sweet and sour pork, and greens and mushrooms. These are super easy dishes; I've nailed the logistics so that these dishes are very do-able for lunch without me having to wake up at 5am to food prep. But yes, I'm a bit sick of cooking sweet and sour pork already. Hahahaha. Popped the beehoon and pork into the oven to keep warm while I cleaned up the kitchen. Then I sliced up the greens and left that to the last to fry up when the girls arrived. #ImpieCooks2018

The girls came bearing thoughtful gifts and delicious loaf cakes and a lemon tart from Plain VanillaTsk. It was our little Advent and pre-Christmas get-together before everyone heads out for the year-end holidays and gets caught up with the festivities and various demands for their attention. We had plenty of time for lunch, dessert, and two cups of coffee. It was splendid to have our quietude and a leisurely chat that lasted late into the afternoon.

No comments: