Friday, December 07, 2018

Shopping For Bed Linen


I didn't realize it till I was searching for bed linen, but there's a serious lack of good quality plain sheets and pillowcases in the malls. The malls carry decent brands, but my gawwwd, the designs and patterns are way elaborate and hurt my eyes each time I look at it. It's tickling when they tout it as 'hotel style luxury'. WTF, that is a real selling point?!

I like my bedsheets, pillow cases and duvet covers plain, or at least with minimal designs, and preferably not flowers. I also have a fondness for dark sheets in black or grey, or lighter ones in stark white or cream. Threadcount is not a huge consideration. Anything between 280 to 500 is fine. Anything above that is wasted on me. Had two old sets of bedlinen that were supposed to be used temporarily till I found decent replacements. Finally got around to looking at that. Didn't need more than three new sets of bedlinen. Would need extra duvet covers though, since the man and I do not share a quilt. Hahaha.

Found them online at current hot brands- Brooklyn-based Brooklinen and our local Sojao. Thanks to L's tips, I scored good discounts during the Black Friday sales. The bedlinen arrived packed beautifully clean and are eco-friendly (yes, all these are important). Delivery timing was excellent; while Sojao delivers in two business days, it's extremely impressive for Brooklinen to deliver to Singapore in four to five business days. Free shipping at that. If the courier company doesn't fail these shops, our brick and mortar malls can't beat them for service efficiency.

2 comments:

Cavalock said...

That font.... I swear I saw "Shopping for Bin Ladin"...

imp said...

😂 !!!!!