Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Merry Christmas!

I prefer to keep Christmas decorations simple, and its colors as muted as possible. While I'm very happy to stare at other people's festive lights, and admire (or blink in horror at) their trees and baubles, I can't deal with having the same at home.

People I love, and whose company I enjoy, are regularly met all year round. They are in my life, as much as I am in theirs. If there're extra festivities with these social spheres, I welcome that very much. If I haven't seen someone or a group for a whole year (not for the lack of trying, or residing in different cities), then to be honest, there isn't a reason we need to do so at the end of the year. That's why they invented the word 'acquaintance'. I draw my boundaries very clearly. #SorryNotSorry

Christmas is never about parties or even about the food. As much as I love some humans, alone-time has to be carved out. Christmas tends to be a quiet season for me because I try very hard to keep it that way.  

[14] Glory to God in the highest; and on earth peace to men of good will. 
~ Luke Chapter 2:14, Douay-Rheims 

2 comments:

Cavalock said...

Merry Christmas Imp!

imp said...

Merry Christmas to you and the Baker-at-Home!