Friday, January 11, 2019

Laem Charoen Seafood, Bang Khen


Of course I don't blog about every meal. I still skip breakfast, although on some days, I down a cup of yoghurt and chia seeds thingy, or a smoothie. I'm still on two meals a day, but with these bigger portions, I'm over-eating, and to accompany all the gravy and spices, I'm eating too much carbs. The stomach is getting unhappy and indigestion has crept in. Arrrrrgh. Yet I can't leave town without going around to all the restaurants I like!

Laem Charoen Seafood (แหลมเจริญซีฟู้ด) is one of my favorite seafood chain restaurants. Yes, while they're easily found at the malls nowadays, we decided to toddle out to the chain's standalone restaurant in the Bang Khen area. I just didn't want to eat in a mall if that can be helped. It seems as though Bangkok is determined to KonMari all its street food and little stalls into neatly organized malls.

Fish, crabs and loads of seafood. Washed down with deliciously sweet and cold coconut water. I still needed greens. Non-oily and simply stir-fried with garlic and a wee bit of fish sauce or soy. When I'm in Thailand, between kangkong (ผักโขม, 'phak khom') and water mimosa (ผักกระเฉด, 'phak krachet'), I'll definitely pick the latter. Although it's more fibrous, I rarely get to eat that in Singapore, so whenever I can, I eat loads of it here.

I had a serious craving for prawns and garlic. But allergies mean that I can't have raw prawns at home, much less cook them. Cravings were satisfied today at Laem Charoen. Happiness came in the form of Thai giant river shrimps with deep fried garlic. Wooohoooo. I was going to order six shrimps. But P stopped me. He said two would be sufficient because we'd have other dishes, and those two shrimps would be HUGE. Oh yessss. Luckily I heeded his advice. Hahahah. I forgot how huge Thai river shrimps could get.


แหลมเจริญซีฟู้ด
รามอินทรา กม.3.5 Ramindra
31/14 Thanon Ramintra, Khwaeng Anusawari,
Khet Bang Khen, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10220

No comments: