Saturday, February 09, 2019

Turned 41


While I like the idea of the get-up being separates, with its top easy and its wide-legged voluminous pants keeping me mobile, I was highly skeptical of the red swirls. However, the large swathes of white keep it rather palatable.

I would also have to wear heels with it since I didn't want the pants to be altered. The pants could be matched with other white tops, and the blouse would match jeans. I could wear this set a few times; they would also be useful separate. I stood in front of the mirror for a long time. I would also have to comb my hair. Hmmm. But Ying convinced me to give the ensemble a go. So I did.

Ying The Label named the separates 'Simple Joy Top' and 'Free your Mind Pants'. These clothes are well-stitched and the fabric falls nicely around the bust and hips. I felt rather floaty in it. If I'm obligated to turn up at events, and somehow new clothes are needed, I tend to buy clothes from Singapore designers. Our local designers will always have that few pieces that I can wear and carry it off without looking like a clown.

The set sat in my wardrobe for seven months. I finally wore this top and pants this year to a lo-hei tea thingy, and later on dinner. The red makes it super appropriate for the festive season, and white balances out my need for simplicity. The girlfriends laughed like crazy and said I could wear this out to the usual National Day events, and in fact, I could wear it every year since it's such a classic, and it would then justify the purchase. Ha. Ha. Ha. 🙄

Today I turned forty-one. I'm comfortable in my own skin. I always seek peace in my heart, and pray for strength and wisdom in understanding God's hand in my life. Come what may, this feels wonderful.

2 comments:

nua-ster said...

Happy Belated Bday!!
Stay cool, fit and healthy!!
Cheers to an awesome year ahead~ ^^

imp said...

Thankyooou! You too. May the year get smoother for you.